Joining Stephanie at Woolythyme for a single moment….
On this journey of living each day, I sometimes forget to be thankful for all the blessings I have in my life. Thankful Thursday will be a day that I count my blessings.
Some 15 years ago four of us that worked together began reading Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach. We read each day’s section and then met for lunch one day a week to discuss our favorite reading of the week. It was a wonderful, thankful time for each of us. Sarah’s book encourages a daily journal of listing five things you are thankful for each day. I kept that journal for several years. Some days it was (and is) really hard to find five things for which I was thankful. My journey on being thankful has been sporadic since then. I am once again embarking on the being thankful journey, beginning today.
1. I am thankful for my father’s continued health improvement (after last week’s scare).
2. I am thankful for my brother’s love and support, though he lives far away.
3. I am thankful for the lovely crocheted coffee cup Cassie made for me yesterday. (It made everyone smile!)
4. I am thankful for my many friends who offer love and support
5. I am thankful for Jackie.